When writing checks for payment for P.T.A. events, orders, etc please:
- Make checks payable to West View PTA
- Write only ONE check per family
- On Memo Line, write students Name, Grade & Teacher
- Place payment in an envelope with corresponding form, labeled to the P.T.A. Committee it’s intended for
Once your payment has been submitted, here is the process the check goes through:
- The Committee Chairperson will collect and log in the payments.
- After the turn-in deadline, the Chairperson will turn ALL the collected payments over to the P.T.A. Treasurer.
- The Treasurer will process and deposit the checks into the P.T.A. account.
Because of this multi-step process, carried out by P.T.A. Volunteers, it is possible a check may not clear your account for about a MONTH!! As a precaution, please just deduct the check amount from your account as soon as you write it, and act as though the money is gone; then there shouldn’t be any problems.
However, if your check is returned due to insufficient funds, here is the procedure:
- The P.T.A. is charged a fee from our bank and we will, therefore, charge you a fee.
- The P.T.A. will send home a letter requesting that you send in the amount of the check, as well as, the $25 fee to cover any of our bank charges, and any other costs that we may incur due to each returned check.
- This new payment must be sent to the P.T.A. in the form of cash or a money order.
- If a check is returned, all items will be held until all monies are paid for.
- For the remainder of the school year, you will NO longer be permitted to write checks! You will need to send in cash or a money order.
Thank you so much for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope you understand that we are trying to do what is best for the children here at West View Elementary.